• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.4C - Anyone oc'd one?? Results??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sp00L

As the title states......anyone been bold enough to put a 3.4C through it's paces yet? I'm really curious if these 17x multi's will hit 3.8 on air. Any feedback is appreciated.

spOOL I came here to start this very same thread. I am tempted to get one of these but I would like to know what I might be able to expect.

There is a guy over on the Abxzone forums who got his up to 4.25GHz with a promie.

If you find out anything let me know.

If 3.8 on air is what ya want, I think you might get there with a 3.2C and have better memory bandwidth. At that speed grade you should be getting the best yielded cores.

Digital_Cowboy said:
I took Mine up to 3.51 just to check it out for a sec. Still too New to push it too far.

DC, you gotta push that thing a little bit further. See if it will do 3.8 (or betta).

Seriously, thanks for posting and please keep us updated with your progress. :thup:

I dont believe in "burning in" cpus.. when I bought my 2.8c M0 i couldnt wait to find out how it would fair... i ran at 2.8ghz for 10mins and then went right into o/c.... i am rock stable at 3.6ghz and have never looked back.

"I guess not. $425 is a lot for a cpu."
HEH! I can remember paying more than that for a P3 450 Retail :D

I remember paying $250 for P3 600 retail and then upgrading with a used P3 933 for $50......those were the days.....

That was at stock 1.55. I am now @3.89 running stable @1.60. I haven't tried any higher than this.

Attachments

• overclock.jpg
    overclock.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Not bad on a Max3, not bad at all. Congrats!:D

I'm curious now what one of these would do an a P4C with a little more vdimm.

Keep up the good work. What about your GAT settings? How are temps with Abit EQ?

more...more...more...

Digital_Cowboy said:
That was at stock 1.55. I am now @3.89 running stable @1.60. I haven't tried any higher than this.

Snap!:eek: What do your temps look like with the Koolance at 1.60v (i.e., 1.6v setting in the bios)? I am more tempted now than before.

I dropped $400 on my 3.2. The wife would KILL me if I if she even saw me popping this puppy out of it's socket. Plus, I need 3.2 vdimm to hit 232 and those mushkies cook real good.

The more interesting thing will be these new prescott steppings.

from what ive been reading lately, the prescotts do not overclock well. the 3.4c on the other hand, is doing pretty well. i think this is attributed to most of the cores coming from the center of the wafer. the yeilds are just right, and therefore can be classified as an "Official" processor sold by Intel. over at xtremesystems, one guy has his 3.4 at 4.0Ghz on AIR! temps are decent and well within margin. i think he is using 1.6v i am seriously considering purchasing one of these bad boys.

Back