• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Locked BARTONS..."To be or not be..."

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverSurfer

Registered
Hi! All

Wow there are really quite a few threads around which have many people looking for or talking about unlocked Bartons. I am truly amazed that AMD actually managed to stump all of those very experienced wonderful people who work hard to bring all the nice workarounds to us all. I will refer to these folks as "Them" or "They" in true X-Files conspiracy mode. A tag given to the all knowing intelligentcya :)

Thus I hope that "they" can beat AMD at their own game with this one.

Now if AMD really did lose an awful amount of profits due to the unlocked Bartons which was their reasoning for changing from unlocked to locked chips, then maybe "they" don't want to give us an easy workaround just yet for fear of prompting AMD into another less favourable form of locking.

If however "they" really are truly stumped over this one, then maybe this more of an attempt on AMD's part to provide the 1st round experiments w.r.t. placing hardware conundrums which will allow them in the future to make those "Nasty Chips" we've heard so much about.

Then there is also the obvious possibility of course that "they" are in fact AMD themselves in which case we really have been owned, like the frog in the old adage .....If you place a frog in a frying pan and gradually increase the heat, will the frog actually notice until he is well and truly cooked!!!!

Of couse all this may just be speculation and our friendly neighborhood Chip HaX3rs like "The Wolf" in "Pulp Fiction are coming up with an easy solution which should be following directly... :cool:

If you would like to decontaminate yourself of any residual conspiracy theories please look into the little light flashy thingy. :D

Well actually AMD has sort of been already beaten, if you look at the mobile bartons thread, they're only there because people are now switching to those which are still 100% unlocked

Back