• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg degrading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzmattah

I've always been impressed with how quickly Newegg ships my orders. I live in Minnesota and whenever I order stuff from them, usually if I place the order before 2 PM central time, they will ship it on the same day, and I get it 2-3 days later. BUT lately, they've been retarded on my orders, sometimes not shipping within 48 hours! I just noticed today ,when I placed an order and at the checkout, I saw a box that says check here for expediting this order for $2.99. I don't know if this is always been there, but it's the first time I noticed it. This is rather lame, I see this from lesser vendors and I always want to spit at it. I CANNOT believe I see such thing on Newegg.

What do you think?

they have always had that button there. ive never used it. how do i feel about them sometime it takes a extra day for them to ship it. one thing is there a very bissy company alot of people order from them. So they got to ship in the order they get them. So its somethnig you got to live with from ordering parts online. only way you will get it faster is to go down to a local store and pay there price then you will have it that day

They have always had that button as stated, i use it about every other time, it is worth the extra 3 bucks for me, gets it here a day sooner. Also think about how many people buy from them every day, thousands, and it is gonna be pretty hard to get all the orders out in one day, if you order before 11(their time zone)

dead_man311 said:
they have always had that button there. ive never used it.

Oh ok. Thanks. I thought it was something new and if I didn't choose it, my order will have lower priority or something. Like I said I've ordered lots of times from them and always been very fast. There were a couple of times lately between Nov-Dec that my orders were a little delay. More than likely it's because of the Holiday purchases.

I just got a 2nd confirmation email from my order today. It's being prepared in the warehouse. ROCK on Newegg!

cant say i have ever had a problem with newegg. the best factor is that they use fedex and not usps or ups. fedex seams to always get to my door the fastest and i always use expedited service. for 3 dollars and it gets to me a day faster. newegg is always my number 1 choice among online vendors.

I'm pretty loyal to newegg because returning is so easy but lately zipzoomfly has been getting my sales. The free 2 day shipping beats the hell out of waiting a week+ for it from newegg because I'm in FL. Plus the prices are roughly the same on most items.

wannaoc

I'm pretty loyal to newegg because returning is so easy but lately zipzoomfly has been getting my sales. The free 2 day shipping beats the hell out of waiting a week+ for it from newegg because I'm in FL. Plus the prices are roughly the same on most items.

Same thing here..i'm in FL

I have been being from zipzoomfly recently.

.because I'm "negegg tired" after being lied to by their customer service twice about the same thing....and only had to hear "sorry It's ip to you where you buy in the future".

nctramp

Personally, I just order the makings of a new rig Sunday. I checked my order status this morning before I left for work and it said the order was packed and ready to ship and that I would get the tracking number tonight. The funny thing is, my wife called me at work this afternoon and told me that my computer parts had arrived, and I still don't have the tracking number!

ROCK ON NEWEGG!

wannaoc said:

I'm in GA, and frequently I get my items in 2-3 days with the Fedex Free Shipping. Never checked that $3 box, either :cool:

My parts are usually shipped to me a day earlier. I've bought two full computers from them, and a few misc items and never had a problem. I have had problems with smaller companies though. That's why I always check to see if Newegg has what I am looking for first.

IMO newegg really has degraded when it comes to shipping. I remember when I ordered the parts for my first built PC last May, I ordered Monday, it came Wednesday. Now, I order monday and it comes the next monday. We'll have to see how long my next order takes. Ordered Friday, I expect it Monday, we'll see.

I think that Fedex' distrobution centers are where shipping goes wrong. Some of them are lightning quick, but others...eh, let's say, take their time with their packages. For instance, when I ordered in early December, my distro. center in Albany was quick, but when I ordered in late December, they held my package. For a week.

JoT said:
I think that Fedex' distrobution centers are where shipping goes wrong. Some of them are lightning quick, but others...eh, let's say, take their time with their packages. For instance, when I ordered in early December, my distro. center in Albany was quick, but when I ordered in late December, they held my package. For a week.

It's funny you say that about FedEx because I "always" ship FedEx if I have a choice. FedEx is much much faster than UPS. For the last couple of years any package that comes via UPS is usualy in really bad shape, dented and dirty as hell is very common. FedEx on the other hand delivers packages that look like they never left the guys hand...clean and undamaged. FedEx gets my vote by a long shot....and my shipping money.:cool:

Newegg gets almost all my purchases because I've NEVER had a problem with their shipping (or any other part of their business, for that matter). I kick myself every time I order something somewhere else and it takes FOREVER to get here, if it gets here at all.

Ken

Dragonprince said:

It's funny you say that about FedEx because I "always" ship FedEx if I have a choice. FedEx is much much faster than UPS. For the last couple of years any package that comes via UPS is usualy in really bad shape, dented and dirty as hell is very common. FedEx on the other hand delivers packages that look like they never left the guys hand...clean and undamaged. FedEx gets my vote by a long shot....and my shipping money.:cool:

I agree, but I must also say that some distrobution centers take their time with packages, and sometimes they just get lazy for a while, like mine did.

my turn for a rant now. degrading. YES

all from same order

max3= rma'd 2 ram slots were laying in the box. no post

radeon 9800 pro= rma'd no hsf attached, and it had a nice burned chip

2x wdd 120 gig sata= one clip was broken off, conector would not stay on. other gave numerous fails on win xp and it completly 100% failed the wdd lifeguard software.

did they drop every item before shipping them to me? i guess since im fpo they send me the crappy stuff since they know that shipping back is near impossible.

I just recently recieved ~$600 worth of hardware for a friend. Everything was in perfect condition, all arrived in a big cardboard box absolutely stuffed with packing peanuts. Mobo, cpu, RAM, PSU, SFII x2, and a couple other things, all came in perfect condition.

This was 3 days ago. I don't see how Newegg could possibly be getting that bad for people.

@ Jstutman:

Were those items refurbs? If not, there's no way Newegg is responsible for that, since they don't open unopened boxes. If they were brand new, I'd say you have FedEx or some other mail handling agency to blame.

Z

Back