• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Debian box?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evnas

Im thinking about buying Debian, but what I'm wondering is since Debian isnt really a "commercial" distro (at least I dont think it is, hehe), would it come with a box, documentation, etc etc, or would it just be the same CDs I download and thats it? I was looking at getting it off of CheapBytes, or DebianVendor.org.

Thanks for the help. If I do buy, I'll make sure I orger from a place that supports Donations to Debian :)

AFAIK, it would just be the same CDs that you could have downloaded.

This is from the debianvendor.org site:
I use exclusively Taiyo Yuden discs, generally considered the highest quality and most compatible CDR media available.
so yes it's just the same thing that you could do yourself. In my experience that's how it works for places like Cheapbytes, etc. If you want boxes and manuals, I know for sure that you can get them with the following distros: RH, Slackware, Mandrake, and SuSe.

If you want to support debian, I'd recommend doing it directly, http://www.debian.org/donations

Back