• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP update for AMD processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ruiner

I just hit the windows update site and it gave me this. No info on it though.
Anyone know what it's for?

I just got that also today, no idea what its for though and it doesnt say anything on windows update about it.

Huh, I didn't see that when I checked. What section was it in? (Critical Updates, Windows XP, etc)

I know what it is :). Well i know one of the uses for it. If any one here plays AOM and has an amd cpu then they will often get out on sink. According to the AOM patch we should download it cos it fixes out of sink for aom. Not sure of any other uses, but it has fixed all of my probs with aom.

Freddie said:
I know what it is :). Well i know one of the uses for it. If any one here plays AOM and has an amd cpu then they will often get out on sink. According to the AOM patch we should download it cos it fixes out of sink for aom. Not sure of any other uses, but it has fixed all of my probs with aom.

What gets out of sync? Audio and video?
I haven't ever had any problems with AOM.

i think its the graphics iam not sure cuz my graphics are all messed up when i try to play aom it wasnt graphic drivers or the over clock(becuz i tried stock every thing and its still messed up) but im using win 2k so it might be different

Back