• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temps are hotter after trying higher vcore...???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travisc

Registered
Was trying to get 2400-2500mhz on this system:

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ (AQXEA)
Thermalright SLK-947U w/TT Smartfan 2
1x512mb Mushkin PC3500 Level 2

Took the voltage clear up to 2v... my temps stayed below 58 degrees at load... @ 1.85vcore my temps stayed below 50... after switching back to 1.85 from 2.0, my temps get into the low 50s now...

What's up with this? Also, I think my temps are awful high for my HSF, and I have a decent case (I think)...

ok a quick lesson in overclocking: The higher the vcore is the higher the cpu temp will be. Use stock voltage and only increase the vcore if you have stability problems and your cooling is good. MORE VCORE CAN KILL YOUR SYSTEM.

Yes I know that... but I meant, after lowering the voltage back to a lower voltage, or even default... the temps are higher than what they were before I attempted to raise the vcore... know what I mean?

because it was still trying to dissipate that heat from the higher vcore.....give it some time or shut down your comp and they should ome back down

I did shutdown, a left it that way while I was at work... boot it up at stock voltages, and under load it hit 51 degrees, never hit 49 degrees load before I tried the higher voltage...

zbgsaa said:
because it was still trying to dissipate that heat from the higher vcore.....

lol i highly doubt it :d dont mean to offend ya but that statement has no sense.

travisc, temp measuring is not always correct. The case temp has built up and if you dont have a good air flow in your case your CPU temp will stay higher than you got b4.

Also your ambient temp is probably higher now so thats why your CPU temp is higher. Even you didnt run it at higher vcore, your temp is not gonna stay the same all the time.

Do you use AS3/5 ? If you do you should expect the temp going down abit after breaking time.

Anyway, dont panic if your temp is higher than b4. Like i said ambient temp is what makes it diff.

Back