• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps have skyrocketed snice putting my W/Cing into my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

last week tested eveything, and eveything was great 33c-35C max full load @2500MHZ 1.9volts. Now with eveything in the case 40C idle?? WTF?? I am thinking block may not be making good contact. B/C I run dual 120mm fans(4) total on in a push pull setup same as outside testing. But my case for some odd reason is around 30C I do have a good blance of intake/outake CFM. What could be the issue?

ok yu may have bad contact....you did use thermal paste? you did remove any plastic tape on bottom of block? remove the block and look @ the thermal compound and see if the die was sitting flush if it was time to look towards other things such as kinked hoses, or trapped air.

So with these same parts all hooked up outside of your case you got good temps, then you put it all in your case and temps went way up?
Sounds like maybe sharp bends in tubing are pulling the block off your cpu.
Or maybe the fans on the rad are pulling hot air from inside the case?
Have any pics?

Sevral theories I have:

1.) The block is not making good contact with CPU
.....A.)Block needs lapping
.....B.)Mounted improperly

The way to determine this would probably be just to take the block off and look at the thermal compound and where it is thick or not there (meaning good contact were it is not there and pushed off to the sides)

2.)Crimped tubing

3.) Rad is inside case was poor airflow and reusing its own hot air.

Good Luck!
-0cer
:cool:

Ok yesterday, I had time to take it apart, re-did my tubing, but I am still getting high temps, not as high as before, but still high. I have the SOHO Cheiftec Full tower. I took the two drive rails out, and mounted the rad there. Now with the radiator open air, with the same fans in the same postion, I got good temps. Inside the case I can feel about the same air is comming off the back fans on the rad(I run a push pull setup 4 fans total) I think my problems lies wih the block itsself. I have the Dtek WW and I think the Y adater for the two outlet barbs are giving the block un-even contact with the cpu. I was load around 33-35C with the setup out side, now after re-do, load is around 36-38C(as of an hour before I left for school) Cpu is as follows. Moblie 2400@ 2500MHZ 1.85Volts. Cse temps were in the 25-27C range. Is this normal, or is the block not making good contact. The block is not even warm to touch. I will post a pic when I get a chance latter today.

Hum it seems I am getting better temps. Ide around 33C and full load around 36-37C on Prime95. The thing is, I think this could be 2-3C lower B/C when I tested it out side the case I had 80mm fan blowing air over the NB heatsink. this allowed the temp to drop a few C's. Also now testing in the same room brought my idle down a few C's. My room is really hot. I am glad that I got my temps sorted out. This place has been a huge help. Even thought I am not getting load temps as before, its pretty close and I am happy. I am not using in shourd, so my 4 120mm Fans right against my rad. Anyways just wanted to update. Currently idling at 32c case temp 25C.

Vengance_01 said:
Hum it seems I am getting better temps. Ide around 33C and full load around 36-37C on Prime95. The thing is, I think this could be 2-3C lower B/C when I tested it out side the case I had 80mm fan blowing air over the NB heatsink.

WHOA wait what are you reading your temps with..some apps like Asus Probe read the soket dioad instead of the core diode...with your 80MM fan blowing across the socket as you stated above this could be the reason for the higher readings :)

FizzledFiend said:

WHOA wait what are you reading your temps with..some apps like Asus Probe read the soket dioad instead of the core diode...with your 80MM fan blowing across the socket as you stated above this could be the reason for the higher readings :)
Well still, I have accepted the temps. and I am thinking it could be lower at the core B/C the Epox 8dra+ reads from a probe

Back