• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virus help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Any ideas on what I can do?
virus.JPG

yea I tried all that. It won't let me delete them. I've tried the standard delete. The shift delete. I've even gone into the dos promt and tried to manualy delete to where it ask me if i'm sure and the file is still there.

it won't let me delete them in anyway. However for some reason this time around the software was able to quarantine it.

I'd say try another virus protector, such as AVG from grisoft.com
Its free, and might be able to do the trick...just because its free dont think its crappy either, a lot of people use it.

It might be worth just trying for this particular virus.

format and reinstall.... it will prob take less time to do that then find a way to remove the virus... plus then you know you have a clean system and then you can set up a firewall

It is actually quite viable ( i think that is the right word :confused: ) . Reinstalling would 99% gurantee that all viruses are gone plus you have a fresh install.

yes but the fact that it would save time is plain crazy. In order to do that I would have to reinstall EVERYTHING. Not that I don't reinstall that often. Usually once every 3-4 months. But I love my baby. And believe it or not i've had a virus live through formattting. Well standard anyway. I had to get some software from IBM to do a low level format.

Back