• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD MOBO w/ 4 or more SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supplystud

I currently have the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Revision 1.4

I am running 2 WD 36 GB Raptors in a striped array. I want the ability to run 2 200 GB or larger HD's in a redundant array (SATA preferrably) for my data.

Obvioulsy this is not an option without adding another PCI card (SATA RAID card) to my system.

I have searched high and low for another motherboard for the Socket A chip that has 4 or more SATA hookups and cannot find one. I did find three different boards for the 64 Bit AMD chips, but I am not ready to make that plunge yet!

Has anybody seen a MB with 4 or more SATA connectors for the Socket A chip?

Yes the DFI NFII Ultra B has 4 SATA! I think that is the board for me..also has GIGABIT Ethernet (one more PCI card that I can get rid of). I was just told this morning that the REV B has the four holes necessary for the SP-97...if that is true...I will be getting the DFI Board!

Not to mention that board is one of, if not the top overclocking board out right now for AMD. And yes it does have the four holes.

The Lan Party "B" is the same board but with all the UV extras.

Back