• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.0GHZ SECC2 100FSB or 133FSB???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuckles

I have an ABIT BE6-II rev 2 and am about to upgrade my processor. My question is, since 1.0GHZ is pretty close to the max for Pentium III, will I get more performance from the 133FSB version without overclock, or from the 100FSB with a little overclock. Perhaps the best case scenario with air cooling is getting a 112 FSB out of the 100FSB version. However, even though the 100 version will be running at a higher Mhz, won't the higher FSB on the 133 version give me more performance.

Anyway, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Yes get the 133mhz cC0. Mine overclockes well so far (not pushing yet).
I bought it off eBay new for 152.50.
I would suggest a fc-pga chip and use a slotket.
The fc-pga chips cost less and if you decide to change motherboards down the line you will have more choices.

Placid (May 26, 2001 11:09 p.m.):
Yes get the 133mhz cC0. Mine overclockes well so far (not pushing yet).
I bought it off eBay new for 152.50.
I would suggest a fc-pga chip and use a slotket.
The fc-pga chips cost less and if you decide to change motherboards down the line you will have more choices.

do exactly that. And make sure to get a good hsf so you can oc it some. But yes, since 1 ghz is the limit for the chip, it only makes sense to get the 133 chip, it will be much faster.

I disagree, unless that BX chipset motherboard has a 1/4 PCI divider, I'd go with a 100 FSB. However, all of this might be moot. The 100 FSB 1 gig chips are scarcer than hen's teeth and Intel just announced that it was dropping the slot one P-III chips. Availability might actually decide which one you'll get. I've been hearing that the new cD0 1 gig CPU is a great overclocker, lots of peeps getting 1.1 to 1.2 gig using all of the usual cooling and O/C tricks.

Hi what about the P3 1000 and P3 1.100 @ 100 mhz bus speed that will be released in June ?or arent these comeing out now ?
i was looking to get one myself @ the 100 bus speed and overclock it some ver the P3 1000/133 which is as high as my fsb goes ..............

batboy (May 27, 2001 12:16 a.m.):
I disagree, unless that BX chipset motherboard has a 1/4 PCI divider, I'd go with a 100 FSB. However, all of this might be moot. The 100 FSB 1 gig chips are scarcer than hen's teeth and Intel just announced that it was dropping the slot one P-III chips. Availability might actually decide which one you'll get. I've been hearing that the new cD0 1 gig CPU is a great overclocker, lots of peeps getting 1.1 to 1.2 gig using all of the usual cooling and O/C tricks.

emm... batboy, I think the cD0's of 1ghz are 133mhz bus chips, not 100. so... :)

Back