• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I change the noprthbridge volatge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sshawk

Registered
I have an Epox 8rda+ and peolpe say raising the volateges on the northbridge helps with overclocking. So how do u raise it in the bios? i only see CPU, RAM and AGP voltages

i fail to see how raising the agp voltage will raise the power to the nb

on early rev 8rda's it wasnt possible to adjust the vdd voltage, only came in on the rev 2 boards afaik, so if yours is an early model, you'll be looking at modding your board im afraid

Also, if you use the SMD Grabbers...make sure to keep a eye on them...a lot of people have had them fall off and fry the MB among other things...Just make sure they are firmly on and make sure you have the trimmer mounted solidly and as close as possible to the VDD mosfet...dont want to have too long or short of lines going from the trimmer to the grabbers...

My 8RDA died from a MOSFET failure that totally distroyed the ATX connector (should have put a Server or P412v connector on it). When I pulled it out I noticed buldging cap tops, with a tiny bit of leaking. Unless you knew to look for it you wouldn't notice it but it was there. Also disabling the current protection by removing the resistor near the VRM didn't let me get a higher voltage, the board still cut out at 2.050v-2.1. Even though the BIOS goes to 2.1v

Yes and my board didn't have a northbridge voltage thing either jsut like yours. Also I would DEFINETLY put a better NB cooler on the board. The passive from the factory is absolutly horrible.

Back