• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can onboard raid co-exist with pci raid? *sata

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

one-silence

topic says it all..

i just got my 2 raptors today running raid-0(hopfully i did it right) with 16k culsters. before i had the raptors i was running on 2 IDE and 1 sata drive. i just wanted to know if i can get a pci sata card for the 120gb, also im plannign to get another 120gb sata so i can raid that. thanks in advance!
-silence

ps. what does 2+0 stripe means? thats what its said in my device manager.. is that raid 0? thanks!

Yes you can you could even fill all your PCI slots with adapter cards as long as you don't get conflicts most times the on-board RAID shares a PCI slot so it can cause conflicts if you add a card that is used all the time like a modem or video card other than that is all good (If you look in your mobo book it should tell you if/ or what slot is shared) as for the 2+0 I have no (real) clue check the RAID manual (sounds kind of like stripe and mirror but not to sure)

2+0 is identical to RAID 0. My promise fasttrack card posts the samething. And yes, you can have as many RAID cards as PCI slots, in addition to the onboard RAID controller.

Back