• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p3 800EB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boo

I have a p3 800eb 133mhz on an abit VH6-II . Im trying to oc the damn thing and I cant get it to do anything except lock up . (Blue screen) Any suggestions?
it has a soft menu III

Indeed. And, please list a bit of a system "summary", if you would (what's in the box, man?). This would help us infinitely in being able to help you out.

Welcome to the forums, BTW... If you haven't yet, you might want to read a little bit of the info on the front page, in the FAQ's and "Tips and Techniques" sections. Theres a TON of invaluable resource there, just waiting to be tapped into.

If you can't find an answer in there, or here (the forums), there's no answer to be found, anywhere. We've got a great crew of knowledgeable, helpful people here, that will help you get that 800EB running like a dream.

Hope you stick around and become a part of the team.

Good luck in your overclocking adventures....

Mr B

The specs would help a lot but in the meantime......I had an 800EB myself and when i 1st started to oc it hit 140fsb (840mhz) np. But the heat took its toll at 150fsb, BSOD's lockups ect. For me it was a heat issue so i bought a better heatsink. Ram is probably the most important though, i was lucky my generic pc133 does 150 fine. My guess w/o having a look at your specs would be as stated above,a ram/heat releated issue. My 800EB after a bit of coaxing did 900 np.My mobo's FSB options are very limited and it is not a very good mobo at that. I suspect with proper ram settings and suficient cooling you should get 900 without much trouble. I agree with Mr.B we will do all we can do get your 800EB as high as possible, as simple as possible. Good luck with your overclocking.

-OF

ƒ~ƒ‹ƒN•² (May 30, 2001 05:36 p.m.):
You need good RAM.. what kind of RAM do you have?

256mb@133 I'am not sure on the manf.
mobo- Abit VH6-II with soft menu III
Intel P-3 800EB -133 SL4MB (philli)
windows 98se
I have a heat sink and fans so i should be cool.
Hard drive western digital 20g @7200

boo (May 31, 2001 09:12 a.m.):
ƒ~ƒ‹ƒN•² (May 30, 2001 05:36 p.m.):
You need good RAM.. what kind of RAM do you have?

256mb@133 I'am not sure on the manf.
mobo- Abit VH6-II with soft menu III
Intel P-3 800EB -133 SL4MB (philli)
windows 98se
I have a heat sink and fans so i should be cool.
Hard drive western digital 20g @7200

I use generic/noname RAM, it just has a product number and specification. I don't push this RAM past spec (133mhz) which you will be doing when pushing the CPU, already at 133. You would have been better off buying the P3 800 with the 100 mhz bus, then you could get an overclock to 133 bus with little attention needed to be paid to the memory.

A small investment in good ram might yield some results, but you won't be able to push an already high bus much higher (maybe 150, MAYBE -- which only comes to 950 mhz or so). Good RAM would benefit regardless of overclocking anyway.

These guys have made a good point. Without good ram your not going anywhere. I bought some generic ram off of ebay for dirt cheep. It worked fine on my system until I started over clocking. The ram just wouldn't work at the faster FSB speeds. I later found out that it was barely working at the sepcified speed. I went four Mhz over on a RAM tester program and they failed. I ended up cracking down and buying some good name brand memory. I have some micron but kingmax or any other name brand memory should do you good.

As for my old memory, some of it survived my dremel fury }> and made it into my second non over clocked system. The others well....let's just say there on my keychain to remind me buying name brand saves aggravation.

it was hard for me to overclock my slot 1 800eb.........the max i could get it up to was 854, it wasn't the ram's fault b/c it could do up to 149 fsb
but after a while i blew the power supply and motherboard up so i switched to amd now
and right now i m still stuck with my slot 1 800eb processor.......which i m trying to sell at the moment
old specs :

asus p3v4x
toshiba 128mb -7ns ram
enermax 350walt power supply
quantum fireball LM 30 gb hard drive
sound blaster live value sound card
geforce256 32mb sdr video card
creative infra52x cd rom
hp 9110i 8/4/32 cd writer
5 port usb PCI card
tv tuner

i dont know if im lucky or not but i have the same chip that you have and i'm running it at 1.185 GHZ an an asusCUSL-2 MoBo with p.c. 133 SDram just look at the fsb that i am pushing it to below in my SIG., sorry, i HATE to be a bragger BUT!!! i've finally got something to brag about in my little pathetic life!!
good luck in your overclocking!! hope that you have the same luck that i had!!

Back