• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec Stealth PSU any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

I know most people around here are looking to buy the antec line for their reliability in overclocking applications. I have had my fill of the ocing for now, at least untill i get my water rig up and running and im looking to replace my ANCIENT psu with somthing a little more reliable.
its a no name, but has suprisingly enough handled this system at 2400, 2500 and a even 2600 mhz.

How are the stealth psu''s? I was thinking of the 420 watt aluminum case. I imagine it would have very quiet fans, which atm, my psu is overpowering every other fan in my case.
its kind of expensive, thats my only complaint. anytone have one of these?

I have a Vantec Stealth 520watt PSU and I love it. Noise isnt a problem with me because I have a Volcano 7+HSF so that's louder than everything in the case. It also stays very cool for me when playing any game or running a 3D app. Very clean also. I plan on sleeving it soon too. And all the features it comes with is a big plus!

I need somthing that will be reliable when i want to crank this thing up again. i do it randomly, and generally for certain games. right now the taste is quiet, but heh.
im tempted to just go with heresay and pick up the 550 watt antec. money isnt REALLY and issue. I just want to make sure i dont have to replace it within a few months or that it will survive longe nough for my next major pc upgrade.
Reading the recent threads of people bashing the nf7, i definatly want a strong psu now. I still belive in my board. it does so much for me its not funny.

I had a Vantec made 470w Stealth PSU. It's a piece of junk. The 12V line reads below 11V and it made quite lot of noise. Fortron 350w is a much better deal.

Back