• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First timer help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fire58Mech

I put something about thisin the reagular cpus section, but sence I discoverd this part of the Forum I figured i should put It here instead.

I'm running a AMD Athlon xp 2000+ at 133 fsb. Core Volts at 1.625. I'm running DDR ram. Biostar M7MIA motherboard.

I can only adjust the front side fsb. The 1.625 Vcore is defult. It goes up by .025 incroments from then on.

I'm currently at 1.67 ghz . I want to bring it up to at least 1.80. 2.0 being my final goel.

The problem is every time I try to adjust the fsb above defult it goes crazy. I adjust the Vcore to try to stable it and no effect. When I get to 1.800 Vcore it shuts down completely and I have to reset the Cmos to get it to work anymore. Does anyone know what could be holding this back from O/C ing

If you need any more info let me know please. This is my first rig so I'm am still new at this.

how much ram and what type is it (eg2100.3200) cause it sounds like a memory issue, what are the settings at with what divider?

It may also be your power supply (if raising the volts to 1.8 at stock speeds causes problems, it's either the PSU, voltage regulation on the motherboard, or inadequate CPU cooling).

temps= 46c load
custom air cooling.
bran new Asus truepower 330 psu

Not sure about the ram, will have to get back to you on that, all i know is I have 382 of ddr ram.

copper heat sink/ high perfomance 80mm fan on top of that/ 120mm cool air intake comeing from the outside of the case.
Exust straight across from cpu

Back