• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quarl

Registered
Hey all, I started up the other day and have been working on my first fold for a day or so now. Anyhow, I just wanted to know if I was doing it right. I downloaded, installed and selected team 32 and have been running it when I can. What should I check to see if it's working correctly? I've been working on a 400 frame and I'm over halfway now.

Anyhow, any tips would be welcome.

Quarl, under team 32

just check the molecule icon in the system tray and it will tell you how much you have accomplished on the current WU. If you can do that, it's working properly. At least that is what I have on my system with Win98.

Uhm... Can't do that. I downloaded the text only version since the FAQ didn't recommend doing the Graphical version. It's processing frames so I assume it's working ok, I'm just reading all sorts of stuff about SSE and all kinds of stuff, not sure if mine is set up correctly.

Go get Electrom Microscope 3, it will monitor your progress with the text only version of FAH. You can get it HERE

As for using SSE, you need to create a shortcut to your console. Then edit the properties of the short cut and add this to the target line: -advmethods -forceSSE -verbosity 9

This will request "gromacs" from the servers instead of "tinkers". Gromacs can get a speed boost from 3DNow! and SSE optimizations which results in more work being done due to the speed increase.

Ok good. I think I am working on a tinker now. Should I wait till that's done?

Also, is there a way to see when the deadline for what you are working on?

Back