• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an I Intel 800mhz??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IronLungsta

Im new to the overclockin scene and just have a quick question....
Here is my syt specs...
intel 800
Asus cuv4x MB
256 pc133 ram
30 gig hd

My question is would it b wise to overclock my system... ive heard bad things about oc'in p3's...
I would appreciate ne feedback... Im extremely tempted to o-c this badboy and c what it can really do.....
Thanx..

You need to 1st check your cpu temps at all times.
Then slowly raise the fsb up and see how it goes.
I have never killed a p3 by overclocking it.
They will just hang up if you push them to far.

When you start raising the vcore voltage over 1.9v then you start risking damaging the cpu.
Heat can kill them but not until over 50c.

The 800's are not the best chips to overclock but your misinformed about intel chips not overclocking well they are just a little different from AMD
check the CPU data base and see what other guys have done with the same chip

it is very easy to overclock the chip, first what is his standard fsb, i supose it is 133Mhz, if it is you can put it at 900, without any problem, just change the fsb from 133 to 150, make sure you have a good cooling, after this if the computer crashes, go to the chip setup, at the motherboard setup, and reduce the lacth delay of the ram from 1.5ns, to 1ns, but if your computer stops only in games, reduce the agp multiplier from 4x to 2x, and leeve the latch delay at 1.5ns, but you also may need to reduce both, you don't need to change the voltage, keep it at 1.7v.

and it will be very stable. my pc is. eheheheheh

PIII 800 EB @ 900, Ram pc 133 @ 150, g-force 2mx @ 200/200

Back