• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Overclock? WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

Im experiancing something weird since i switched to an Asus P4C800E Deluxe board.

I installed everything in, but i only have my old Kingston ValueRam in the slots, which i will swap out for 1GB Kingston HyperX KHX3200.

Anyway, the Ram's been known to run up to 224MHz at 2.5-3-3-8 timings stable at 2.85v, but i now, once i even touch the OC controls on my board and restart (no changing of Ram Timings, switching to turbo and/or uppping the FSB), the computer dont POST. But it's passed 24hrs of Prime95 so far on stock speeds (standard OC and Auto performance mode)

The optical drives just spin up, the fans spin up, LEDs light up, but the IDE activity LED stays on and there's no POST beep. Everything else, in terms of hardware looks like it's working great, until you look at the monitor and it's still a black expanse.

The only thing i changed was the Mobo (Asus P4C800E Deluxe) and the CPU (2.4C Week 40 SL6WF Malay). It's cooled by a Thermalright SP-94 with a 92mm 3250rpm Delta fan.

What mobo/processor did you have before you changed? To me it sounds like a RAM problem. How far are you trying to overclock? Maybe your using a divider that your RAM doesn't like or maybe the mobo doesn't like your RAM period. Try to keep the RAM's stock frequency and overclock your 2.4C a bit by using a divider... maybe you can try 3:2? Before you do that you may want to try loostening the timings a bit.

-S

Last edited:
First thing, i tried to go straight to 3GHz on a 5:4 divider, meaning it keeps the ram back at stock (which was the settings i used with my old P4 2.4C Week 17 Costa Rica and Asus P4P800). I didnt mess with the timings (at SPD 3-3-3-8). Those timings/speed are 100% stable because my rig is now doing Prime95/F@H now for 36hrs on those timings/speed (everything at stock). That didnt work, i cleared CMOS and tried again and made sure everthing was right and even increased Vdimm, but the same thing happened. Then next time, i just set the performance mode to turbo and the same thing happened when i rebooted.

This was done with bios version 15, the newest from Asus.

I had a simliar problem with some KHX PC4000 that used some very crummy Samsung chips. Try borrowing a friends RAM then try to overclock.

the problem is, none of my friends are techies. Hell, they call their tower the "CPU". they run OEM computers and i doubt anyone has anything higher than PC133 memory.

Might as well wait till the pair of KHX3200/512 to come in then...

Back