• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issue with computers and cheating at my school

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

I was upstairs at my school when i observed some students who happen to be some of the biggest jerks at the school taking an extended time test with a computer next to them on, they left momentarily and i got on their computer and looked at what they were doing. They were logged onto a students name who had left the school in the begining of this year, with scanned pictures of their notes for the class that the test he was taking about. I would really like to take these jerks down, how can i collect the images in their folder and or come up with a good way to prove thoroughly what they did. We have a hardcore honorcode here also so ... help me

First contact the network administrator helper or one of the techs that know what a computer is. Then talk to them about the alleged breaking into another students files and what you saw. Then show him the evidence. Ask him if he would go with you to one of the big shots in that department and explain what you saw. With a tech on your side, he may be able to win the trust of the big shot that can get this jerk busted.

Teachers and school administrators may be more apt to ignore cheating or let violators off with minimal punishment, because they fear lawsuits. Universities with high-profile athletic programs are also notoriously disinclined to crack down on cheaters among their star players.

-USNEWS

diggingforgold said:
First contact the network administrator helper or one of the techs that know what a computer is. Then talk to them about the alleged breaking into another students files and what you saw. Then show him the evidence. Ask him if he would go with you to one of the big shots in that department and explain what you saw. With a tech on your side, he may be able to win the trust of the big shot that can get this jerk busted.

-USNEWS

hmmm, a tech that knows something... i guess we have a few :rolleyes: ... yea the teachers are aware of the problem with "extended time" testing... they just don't care.... then ill go to a big shot. but its funner screwing someone myself :D.

your quote is too true:(

btw, jimstandard posted that for me because i can't word things well:p

i can't drive yet :( next year tho.... and plus no one will know it was me, because our school keeps all that secret and such.... and jimstandard did it already anyway lol :D.

EDIT: oh yea, and if they did that, no one would ever see them again, they would be expelled so fast :eek:

Unless these guys screwed with you or your friends , just leave it . School , once you look back at it is really quite trivial, and when you and your fellow students are willing to stick together, there are great times to be had , one day our whole school just packed up and went home.
Rules ae not as important as you might think , dont end up like the 21 year old American college students who come here to Ireland for six month to study , after a lifetime of doing what they're told they just go mad with being able to drink when they want , they literally funnel it down their necks and get sick after 7 cans because they never drank in their lives!

Well off topic , and no doubt about it , but I think I made my point

tom10167 said:
What's it matter to you? Why not rat on them for filesharing, too? People cheat, hell, I cheat.

its more along the line of no one really likes these people and i guess our school is slightly different from yours... the majority of our school finds cheating bad and most people turn in others.... and it would also be good to show the tech people at our school that they don't catch everything that goes on.... and don't flip out at me just because i have a different school community than yours.

i think it has more to do with the "school community"
i go to a pretty "preppy" school

Just because these guys are unpopular , is that enough reason to want to have them expelled ?, remember cheating is a skill you need in the real world , be it good or bad , its a fact. Look at your president , where did that one year go when he was suppoped to be enlisted ?, he cheated , but that never set him back in any serious way.
Hell look at me , I cheated religiously in school , and now I'm studying law in university, living in my own appartment and have a well stocked drinks cabinate , how many other 18 year olds can say the same thing?

Stan I wouldn't listen to Tom or Dancing. Your school has that honor code for a reason, and it's your duty to your school and fellow students to do something about this cheating. Think about it. If these guys caught you cheating they wouldn't even bat an eye before ratting. What's more if they do good on the exam they make other honest students look bad and that's not right. You don't have to lie cheat and steal to get ahead in life, that's just a common misconception that unfortunately is becoming a common view of society. Do what you think is right, not because you don't like them, but because it's the moral thing to do.

yeah, cheating is "real world" cool. I'll remember that the next time I land my DC-9 in a blinding snowstorm, visibility at minimum, with your family on board.

You guys don't want me to "cheat".

Last edited:
Dancing_Priest said:
Just because these guys are unpopular , is that enough reason to want to have them expelled ?, remember cheating is a skill you need in the real world , be it good or bad , its a fact. Look at your president , where did that one year go when he was suppoped to be enlisted ?, he cheated , but that never set him back in any serious way.
Hell look at me , I cheated religiously in school , and now I'm studying law in university, living in my own appartment and have a well stocked drinks cabinate , how many other 18 year olds can say the same thing?

no you don't understand, these guys are "popular" as in rich, filthy rich and the only reason they are still at school is prolly because the amount of money they have.

You may want to ask the CEO of Enron what his current view of getting ahead in this world by cheating is. The practice served him well until it stopped working.

itshondo had an interesting view on the matter as well. If you want, I can also PM an invite into this thread from a couple of teachers and a guy who runs a nuclear reactor for their views on the matter as well...

Seriously, you should do what is right and don't worry about it. If you think that more evidence is warranted, you cold ask the sysop or network admin to change the password on the account and see how those guys do on the next test. :--P

its already been done now... i was just hoping i could use some program of some sort to do it, oh well easy way out works too :p

stan03 said:
and plus no one will know it was me, because our school keeps all that secret and such....

You think higher authorities actually keep this stuff secret?]

I can think of a plethera of times when people have been ratted on, and a few bribes here and there, and they know who did it.

Back