• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SUP...i did it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and another sorry for bad pics its a camera phone...

i put to much work into setting it up i got lazy and didnt fix up my wires...il update soon...any comments or critisizm(sp?) would be awsome.

Attachments

• new4.jpg
    new4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 308
o right...i getting 37c for idle, 41 load...put it on prime95 for 10 minutes...i have a dtek jr-120 with a swiftec mcw5000a and a danner mag 2...im still in the paraoid phase where i dotn wanna leave her alone...lol

dude...it took 15 minutes from start to end, only problem is getting the hole to 1/2...you need a dremel and a grinding bit to bore it out to size...awsome res IMO

Here's my advice for routing coolant flow. Place the cooler at the hottest point in the system. That way you get the maximum heat transfered out of the cooler. For all of you interested in the math "Q dot equals delta T times mass flow rate". (sorry, don't know how or want to bother to learn how to enter the special characters) The pump suction should be at the coolest point in the system, just prior to the water blocks. Its also helpful to place the pump after the reservoir. That helps keep air bubbles out of the pump. So, the way that I'd route your system would be: from the pump to the water block(s), from the water block to the cooler, from the cooler to the reservoir, and finally from the reservoir to the pump again. Furthermore, if you mount the cooler in a higher position and horizontally, there will be natural convection flow through the system with the power off. I would also consider an approximately 50/50 mix of water and methly alcohol (methanol), this would greatly reduce coolant viscosity and thereby increase system flow and turbulance inside the water block. You'll also want some sufficant (waterwetter) and a corrosion inhibitor. I don't think you'll need anything to inhibit biological activity, with ~50% methanol and the other stuff. I may be wrong about that, ask somebody who has run a similar solution for several months or more without opening the system or changing the coolant. Remember to only use distilled water. Wally World carries distilled water that has also been RO and carbon block filtered, at less than $1 per gallon its cheap. Let me know if you need any clarification.

When you do another revision of your setup, you should use as big of tubing as possible from the res to the pump. This will decrease the NPSH of the pump and increase your flowrate.

Pumps work by creating differences of pressure, and using huge tubing on the inlet side will make that difference even greater.

I wouldn't run straight distilled water too long. I did it for a while, and got a wierd white buildup. Put a little antifreeze in there to stop the nasties from growing.

Back