• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What CPUs next

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buthed

I have a Abit VP6 with dual P3 700 CBOs running at 854 mhz. I am now wanting to go faster. What faster CPUs have been good for this application? How fast have 1,000mhz cpu's been clocked too? Is there a stepping I should look for?

Thanks

MIKE

I meant if I buy 1,000s, can they go even faster? Is there a specific stepping to get for dual use?

Thanks

MIKE

hmm, i don't know what happened their, i don't think you will got 1000mhz pentium 3s higher, maby 1100 at the most

What voltage and HSF's are you running? I think you would be able to get higher with your current cpu's. If your voltage is maxed out there are 2 pins on the cpu's that can be wrapped togeter with a thin strand of wire to allow for higher voltage adjustment.

There is a nice article on it here

Just make sure you have good cooling/case fans. You will also need good memory/cards that can run at high fsb's

Buthed (Jun 02, 2001 07:14 a.m.):
I have a Abit VP6 with dual P3 700 CBOs running at 854 mhz. I am now wanting to go faster. What faster CPUs have been good for this application? How fast have 1,000mhz cpu's been clocked too? Is there a stepping I should look for?

Thanks

MIKE

Hi.. There are new stepping out now for the P3s. The cD0 stepping is the latest one right now. cC0 is the previous revision but they are good overclocker too. With a cC0 1Ghz, I have seen some of us easily going over 1.2Ghz with air cooling. Some may go 1.1Ghz.
With a cD0 you should be able to overclock higher than 1.2Ghz. because I haven't used it before, I can't tell you exactly how good it is but you should go for the cD0.

It may be little harder to overclock the Dual system than the single system. Both CPU has to be perfect, same stepping, same overclocking performance, voltages, etc. etc..

good luck! :)

Back