• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of duty running choppy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

secretweapon

Just installed Call fo Duty and it gets choppy with the large firefights. The system is in the sig below and details are set to max with 1280 x 1024 settings. Any ideas? :(

errr oh, and turn off "Extra Details" in graphics options in game. You need a 256mb vid card to run it properly.

he should be able to play just fine with all the settings max, i play COD with AA & AF maxed and all settings maxed at 1024x768 and it runs great and his system is much better.

try updating to the newest cat drivers if you have done so already to see if that fixes it, when i first got COD it would lockup for a minute, then run for a minute, then lockup agine and updating the drivers fixed it.

Didn't ATI cards and COD have problems working together well when they first came out? I almost positive that an older driver by ATI didn't work w/COD right, the newest drivers resolved issue.

I've been playing COD with a 9700 Pro using Cat 3.7 drivers with all the game settings maxed out. No problems here.

Motley said:
You need a 256mb vid card to run it properly.

Not true at all. I play it with the system in my sig and I have no problems with it being choppy at all.

Back