• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Run As" Dialog box is driving me nuts!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuda

I had a minor disaster last night that ended in some HDD corruption. While I have managed to fix most everything there is one thing I can't figure out. Every time I try to start ANY program I get the "Run As" dialog box asking me which user I want to use to run the program. It does it for every single program that starts with Windows XP and every program I try to run after windows is running.

Please, please, please somebody tell me how to stop this!

Cuda said:
I had a minor disaster last night that ended in some HDD corruption. While I have managed to fix most everything there is one thing I can't figure out. Every time I try to start ANY program I get the "Run As" dialog box asking me which user I want to use to run the program. It does it for every single program that starts with Windows XP and every program I try to run after windows is running.

Please, please, please somebody tell me how to stop this!

try removing all your users but admin then add a new one back in with admin rights.....or format reinstall ..the best fix...

I only have one user, me. I tried creating a new admin but it didn't help. I think the problem lies in the Registry. I am trying to repair it as formatting is out of the question, for now.

Back