• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti4200 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ravenous

I'm kinda new to overclocking, but I was wondering what I can do with my Albatron Ti4280 128MB 8xAGP card to increase performance?

Right now I am using the Omega drivers ;)

What all can I do?

Thanks... great reading :)

Any suggestions on what to do first?

Increase engine clock MHz first when testing to see how high it can go, and then memory MHz?

Both at the same time?

Adding voltage?

i do mem first then core, but i don't think it really matters just find your max on each and then back it off 10-15 mhz and you should be fine. just make sure your case has good airflow to pull some heat away from your card. good luck:)

OK....

The highest I can get my Albatron Ti4280 is 280 core and 546 mem....

If I go higher than that, the first chase in 3dMark2k1 shows weird blocks in the graphics (are those artifacts?)

I have my 2500+ Oc'd to 3200+ (11x200) and my DRAM settings at 2/3/3/6. Could having either one of those Oc'd cause my Ti4280 to not be able to Oc as much?

Most other people have been able to Oc their 4280 as high as 320/631....

What am I missing here?

Ravenous said:
OK....

The highest I can get my Albatron Ti4280 is 280 core and 546 mem....

If I go higher than that, the first chase in 3dMark2k1 shows weird blocks in the graphics (are those artifacts?)

I have my 2500+ Oc'd to 3200+ (11x200) and my DRAM settings at 2/3/3/6. Could having either one of those Oc'd cause my Ti4280 to not be able to Oc as much?

Most other people have been able to Oc their 4280 as high as 320/631....

What am I missing here?

"If I go higher than that, the first chase in 3dMark2k1 shows weird blocks in the graphics (are those artifacts?)"

Yes those are artifacts...

"I have my 2500+ Oc'd to 3200+ (11x200) and my DRAM settings at 2/3/3/6. Could having either one of those Oc'd cause my Ti4280 to not be able to Oc as much?"

No, because you are OCing the video card ram, not the system ram...

"What am I missing here?"

These people could of replaced the stock cooling..eitehr with a aftermarket or there own cooling mod

Also, did you try upping the AGP voltage to 1.6 or 1.7...upping the AGP voltage can help when OCing a video card...Like adding more voltage to the CPU or memory to make them stable when overclocked...

glock19owner said:
Also, did you try upping the AGP voltage to 1.6 or 1.7...upping the AGP voltage can help when OCing a video card...Like adding more voltage to the CPU or memory to make them stable when overclocked...
Yeah.... tried both

No love :(

I even have VRAM heat sinks installed and decent air cooling.....

Could it be the driver?

I'm using the latest Omega drivers

I agree w/ Copernicus! Try 300/600 and then back down if you see artifacts. If no artifacts at 300/600 then go higher slowly. Sometimes I have found artifacts at lower speeds than higher.

Cooling is a issue but you seem to have that under control.
Try the latest nvida drivers. I have never tried omega drivers and do not know how they fair w/ O/C'ing.

Post an update will ya:)

Back