• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on fan speed controller...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvblake22

I purchased one of these: http://www.bestbyte.net/Product.cfm?ProductID=825&CategoryID=6&Keyword=
and it is hooked up to a vantec UV case fan that is pretty loud at full speed. The connector on both the controller and the fan are 3-pin connectors and I was wondering if I got a 3-pin Y connector and hooked it up with the controller, could I effectively put two fans on the one controller (using the 3-pin Y connector)??? Thanks in advance:D

Edit: BTW, this fan controller works pretty well too incase any1 wanted to know:)

theoretically you can, but i can't find the specs on that controller you have and if you overload it, that may not be a good thing. i wouldn't try to unless you are sure that controller can handle the volts.

ok, but I'm not sure how many watts/volts/whatever this thing can handle...:( thats the problem

These are the specs for the fan I have hooked up right now:

Fan Dimension: 80x80x25mm
Rated Voltage: 12V
Rated Current: 0.025 Amps
Rated Input: 2.40 W
Power Speed: 2900 RPM
Air Flow: 36 CFM
Connector: 3-pin w/ RPM
Noise: 34 db(A)
Weight: 68 grams
Lifetime: 35,000 hours

^^^I would want to hook up another one of these^^^

Last edited:
It all depends on the fans and the controller you have. You need to check the maximum wattage allowed. My Sunbeam can handle 2 tornadoes on one channel without any problem, but I bought that one mostly for it's high wattage support.

MRD

Those spec's got to be wrong. My calculations give either 12V - 0,2A - 2,4 W or 12V - 0,025A - 0,3W

I'm guessing the first..

Shouldn't be a problem, most controllers can handle up to 1amp no problem, so you could have 5 of those hooked up..

is there a reason that you dont want to use the 430truepowers fan control/noise reduction sysyem,,I ask because I am going to be using the same p/s for my rig,,,,by the way blake,ever been to ionia?

Back