• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

your recomendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

I need a new power supply.....here is my rig

2500+ AQXEA 0329 XPMW
DFI Lanparty ultra Rev B
DVD player
SB Live
512 DDR PC 3200

now what party should I get? or what are some good online stores? Or should I stick with Newegg where I just got my board from?

http://takaman.jp has a power supply calculator that seems to be more accurate than any other, but it said that an XP2400+ system needed only 3.xA on the +3.3V when C'T magazine measured 9-14A, and even I measured a minimum 4.5A with my XP1800+ with super-slow graphics card.

Look at the quality of the PSU not just the wattage. Some discount PSU may rate themselves as high wattage, but not perform there. Stick with Antec or Fortron\sparkle and you'll be fine.

I would suggest the Fortron 350w, 400w, 530w; or the Truepowers above 430w.

Unless you have a ton of fans, CCFL's, controllers or a water cooling setup you don't really need anything more than 350 watts. The Fortron FSP350-60PN would be a good choice plus it's $24 cheaper than the True430 and has more power than the True330. Here's a link over at NewEgg .

Back