• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another P160 Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Edit Problem is still occouring. Could someone help please.

OK so my rigs up and running Temps are actually better then the coolermaster I just replaced. But now my keyboard and mouse wont work. I know they are fine because I'm using em now on my backup rig. I think the mobo is not seating properly against the i/o plate and its not letting my ps2 connectors make good contact. However all the pci cards and agp card seem to fit just fine. Anyone else run into this problem? If so how did you fix it?

Last edited:
Yeah, that seems like a really wierd problem.
I got my P160 Tuesday and it's ran flawlessly since then. Very nice case IMO too.

Yea I found out it was the mobo tray not seated properly. :( I had to tear it pretty much all the way down to find the problem. The wires from the rear fan were in the way of the i/o portion of the mobo tray. I havent got it back together yet but I'm certain that was the problem. The hold down bracket for thr mobo is fitting much better now:) I should have know when it didnt sit flat on the tray.Doh

Dubbin how bout yours was it the same thing?

Dubbin1 said:

Dont know dont care :D I got a NF7-S today and its all working great now :)

The Av fits the post to a tee. LOL

Well so everyone else knows it was not the mobo seat that was the problem. I just fired it up and still no kb/m :mad: Now I'm thinking something is wrong with my kb/m header on the mobo. I'll have to unmount the mobo from the tray too be sure though :mad: Sh**.

Edit----Well its not the mobo. Its working fine out of the bof and off the tray. Now I guess I'll mount it on the tray. Then if that works I'll just cry and whin for awhile and hope it fixes itsself. :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
have you tried just setting the motherboard up on a static bag or something to test it?
you could have fried it in the move over. (it's happened before)
and my case was a refurb, almost forgot about this, but it was a refurb and the plug where the switch goes to the front of the case was a little loose so it wouldn't power on. you might wanna check that

It just tried that and the mobo is fine (see edit above) and it works fine on the tray and out of the box. HMMM wonder wtf. Only thing difference from this case and the last is this one has firewire and the other did'nt. I don't see how hooking up a firewire header would affect the kb/m header????? Another thought I'm having is on the table I'm using a different PSU. Though if the mobo has power thekb/m header should work.

Last edited:
put it in the case and then use a different switch (or just short out the pins) and see if it boots.
you might have a problem with the switch too.

The switch is fine and its working now. I have it hooked up with the min required for boot and it seems to be fine. I got to thinking maybe the mobo tray guide pins were grounding something out so I insulated them with a bit of elect tape. I'll be hooking things up one at a time until I get all going. Although I need to make new plugs for my HSF cuz its not connecting very well and I get a warning beep from my nexus fan controller.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Well it was working so the saga continues. It was working fine in the case laying on its side. I hooked up the remaining items and stood it up on the desk and now its not working. I pulled the usb connectors, floppy drive and the printer cable rebooted and it works. So its got to be one of those things. I'm going nuts figuring this out. Put I will figure it out.

Tismedt, What kind of temps are you getting with the P160 and what fan config you using?

I'm running two enermax adjustable 120's on high and a 350 fortron psu with a 120 on high. I have a temp prob touching the side of my 2500 die and it is running right now at stock vcore and folding. The cpu temp is 37c case temp is 33c with the side door on. it was running at 35c with it off so I need to work on the airflow abit. Think I'm going to add a 92 on the door. I'm using a slk900a HS with a 80x38 tornado ducted running at 3100rpm. The coolermaster case this just replaced was running at 41c

have you tried just setting the motherboard up on a static bag or something to test it?

errrrr, not something i would recommend that like......we do all realise that anti-static bags conduct electricity dont we???? thats how they work...............

Back