• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Roundup of Roundups :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
[Yeah, I know it's from Tom's Hardware, but...]
While I won't and can't say anything for the roundup's accuracy (haven't finished reading it :D), this roundup is extremely interesting in premise. Instead of rounding up hardware from this year, or even the past two years, it's got *gasp* 10 years of technology fighting for #1.

From the P1 100 to the XP3000+ and everything inbetween, Tom has rounded up 65 different chips on 13 different platforms for testing, and has come up with this roundup. If nothing else, it's definatly nostalgic :D

(yeah, this could have gone in GCRD but I think it fits better here personally)
JigPu

good read, but in 94 i was in first grade, so i guess not too nostalgic :p

EDIT: and i wonder how long it took the 100mghz systems to get into windows XP:p

This article is 1 year and three days old, oh well.

What's cool is the jump between my two systems.

I was using a PIII450 up until my recently-built Barton 2500+. ...About 6 times faster!! Now THAT'S what I call an upgrade. :)

I saw this awhile ago, great read. Its pretty interesting to see how really old processors stack up against the newer ones. It really gives you an idea of how much technology has grown and improved over the years.

Matt

so, the point is - if you got anything just north of a 1GHz, you are still fine? Game DX benchmarks sort of do show that there's only 50% increase going from 1.2 T Celly (what i am using to type this right now) to the topmost systems.

and wasn't this article up there a year ago?

Back