• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

c++ compiler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gcc's pretty good too... you'll need to find an IDE for it though. My belief is that Microsoft's is the best IDE bar none, at least for Windows.

I got Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition. It's really easy to use for a beginner... that makes me like it a lot.

i personally like metrowerks codewarrior, the compiler and debugger are nice, plus you can do a variety of different object oriented coding on it

dppwdrmn26 said:
i personally like metrowerks codewarrior, the compiler and debugger are nice, plus you can do a variety of different object oriented coding on it

What? The coding is always the same, it's all the same language...

Personally I go for Dev-C++ with mingw32. I have visual c++, but I don't really like it. It has always been too big....
I've heard alot of good things about codewarrior although I haven't had the chance to use it. If I were to pay for one it would be Borland's C++Builder.

Back