• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a thunderbird HSF work with a barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'd say yes, because from what i hear, the tbirds ran really hot, but i don't think the barton's run as hot, but NO ocing with that sink

I just tried it and the CPU is around 30-35c hot idle. I guess not that bad, about the same as the stock AMD heatsink I would guess.

Then again this is the bios that is reporting this, i have yet to install windows.

you could install a 80mm to 60mm adapter and a higher cfm 80mm fan, that would help.

that are good temperatures. I did the opposite: I have a Barton heatsink on a 1ghz tbird. It idles around 42c, loads up to 50c. Yeah that Tbird was hot!

I'd say it would probably be fine, as long as you make sure that it covers the entire core (the small contact patch and te Barton's large rectangular core worry me a little, but it will probably be fine).

if it fits on the motherboard it will work with it BUT it might not cool it very well so checvk ur temps and make sure they are good temps

Back