• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Colouring?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stranglersfan

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to the H2O community having only had my kit together for about a month. The question i have after seeing lots of trick looking water cooled pc's is, what do people use to give the water some colour, i.e, bright green, blue, red etc?
Will std anti-freeze do the job, providing it's got that lovely green taint to it, or would this hinder cooling or increase the risk of algae build up? I think i read somewhere ages ago that is was not very wise to add anything to the water other than algae preventative. I can't remember where i seen it, as it was in the days when i was working in a Hoover factory or was it a Hair-dryer one? anyway i didn't pay much attention?
I want some pretty colouring showing through my window, that's all, "Don't we all! he said, as he gazed through the misted panes while looking toward the stupid wheel thingy, that peeked above the clouds on a rain-soaked night in London" :D

Anyone :rolleyes:

There are a lot of choices to create colour in your system. Some additives have their own colour (ie: funky VW coolant has a cool blue colour). Additionally you can get UV dye through any number of after market web sites.

You can add antifreeze to it, don't use more than 90% water and 10% antifreeze or your cooling performance will suffer, you can add food coloring( a little goes a long way) or dyes from etailers are available.

Hmmm Food Colouring? I guess a trip to my Granny's on the cards then, she always has an assortment of those dodgy "E's" somewhere in the depths of her larder :cool:

thanx guys:)

Hmmm Food Colouring? I guess a trip to my Granny's on the cards then, she always has an assortment of those dodgy "E's" somewhere in the depths of her larder :cool:

thanx guys:)

Back