• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2500+ compatible with 8RDA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ian

Seeing that the newer desktop Barton are all multiplier locked, I'm considering to get one of those mobile 2500+, is it compatible with my Epox 8RDA (non +) board? It has a C1 chipset which does 220FSB nicely and the board revision is either v1.0 or v1.1.

Will I have access to the full range or multipliers? With my 1700+ Tbred B, only the lower multipliers are possible (<12.5x I think).

Thanks in advance.

Good question. Does epox have a BIOS update for these CPUs?

I have the 8rda+ and would assume that it would run the mobile Barton because all the ingredients are essentially the same- same core, same voltage increments, etc.

I've read that when booting , the mobile processor will show up as "unknown cpu"......haven't found anyone that is using a mobile cpu with a 8RDA+ yet......my mobile cpu is due in Tuesday....

Last edited:
It says unkown for my applebred duron untill I updated the bios on my shuttle mn31n.

I've got two xp-m2400 coming in this tuesday... will let you know how it does on the epox 8RDA3+ with sp97 h/s. :eek:

Right now I"m running an XP1800 oc'd to 2.541GHz w/1.90vcore
45c idle. :)

Sweet dabhpr! I'll have to consider a mobile barton now! Already have an 8month old 2500+. Hopefully the price will become right.

Finally got the mobile cpu in my system. Have a early 8RDA+ mobo and didn't expect to hit 200 FSB but tried it with a 12.5 multi and Primed for 2 hours w/ no errors and temp of 47°C.

However, when trying to do some gaming, kept getting booted back to desktop, error messages etc. and upon lowering FSB to 195 made game playing possible.........probably need to go the NF7 route I guess...............

hey newg, do you have access to all the multipliers without mods? I also have an early 8rda+ and was considering a mobile 2400+. I would like to keep my fsb @ 195 as it is now but the default 13.5 multiplier will be too high. Thanks!

newg said:
Finally got the mobile cpu in my system. Have a early 8RDA+ mobo and didn't expect to hit 200 FSB but tried it with a 12.5 multi and Primed for 2 hours w/ no errors and temp of 47°C.

However, when trying to do some gaming, kept getting booted back to desktop, error messages etc. and upon lowering FSB to 195 made game playing possible.........probably need to go the NF7 route I guess...............

I got this tip yesterday, actually. Try completely removing the 133/166/200 jumper from the board, and see if that helps.

newg said:
Finally got the mobile cpu in my system. Have a early 8RDA+ mobo and didn't expect to hit 200 FSB but tried it with a 12.5 multi and Primed for 2 hours w/ no errors and temp of 47�C.

I would not bother with the NF7 myself. I would volt mod the board you have and save money for a A64 board and CPU. Lets face it, the AthlonXP's are good solid systems but they are getting out dated and I question the value of investing any more cash into an XP system. I bought a needle point soldering iron and a fixed 680 Ohm resistor and did the chipset VDD mod to my AU11/8RDA+ board. Been at 200 Mhz FSB for months now with no problems at all and the resistor cost less than 50 cents at Radio Shack. It was suprisingly easy to do...though I admit I practiced on a couple of spare resistors and an old motherboard first.

http://comptek.freeservers.com/index.html

https://www.hmcelectronics.com/

Back