• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

No, I showered
As some of you may have seen, I was one of the lucky ones who was able to take advantage of the Tiger Direct Koolance deal.

I got the case along with the HDD cooler, the CPU200 cooler, and actually got TWO northbridge coolers with it.

Current setup is an NF7-S 2.0. I've got a mobile AXP 2500+ on the way, should be here Monday.

Anyways, the NB cooler looks like it's too small to cover the entire NF2 NB to me. Has anyone had any experience trying to use the Koolance NB cooler on an NF2 board?

Any other suggestions for it? Beyond selliing it unused on ebay and using the money to buy a kit from Dtek or something?

lol, i guess u've gotten that a lot.
anywho, the NB chipset is actually smaller then it seems, it is simply a small core covered by a thin metal plating which is larger the the core itself. So as long as you within like 2cm of space, you should be fine. don't think the nb blocks are that small..
do u plan on using the other nb block on your graphic card?

I've considered it. Don't know if it will work on a 9700 Pro, but it's worth a shot I guess. Worst case I reapply the stock HSF on it with AS5 I guess.

And no, I haven't gotten that yet, but it's actually something I considered doing when I bought it. But if I keep the Koolance, I've got the case too and can put my old stuff (that I'll be getting back when my friend's new equipment comes in) back for a 2nd rig.

keep it use it and then mod it! yes sir a kit canbe a wonderfull thing..you know this system will work and it will work better than some thing..I know i went that route myself.

Question...you didn't state which mobo you have just an nforce board...the NB block will work on it just fine....so have you checked the temps of your south bridge chipset? Hot as heck ain't it? Worried about it now? maybe use the second NB block on it?

You have a small ID tubing which will allow you to do things us 1/2 id tubing guys couldn't think about...Doubt it would do much for overclocks, but it would look cool as hell will 4 blocks in your loop! CPU/NB/GPU/SB WOOT!

FizzledFiend said:
keep it use it and then mod it! yes sir a kit canbe a wonderfull thing..you know this system will work and it will work better than some thing..I know i went that route myself.

Question...you didn't state which mobo you have just an nforce board...the NB block will work on it just fine....so have you checked the temps of your south bridge chipset? Hot as heck ain't it? Worried about it now? maybe use the second NB block on it?

You have a small ID tubing which will allow you to do things us 1/2 id tubing guys couldn't think about...Doubt it would do much for overclocks, but it would look cool as hell will 4 blocks in your loop! CPU/NB/GPU/SB WOOT!

Sorry, board is an NF7-S 2.0.

And I only have two of the chipset blocks. CPU, 2 chipset, and a hard drive cooler. Was only supposed to get one chipset (I think) but somebody goofed. My gain. :)

And, yes, the SB IS hot but, unfortunately, no mounting holes. I DO intend to put somethign on it. Maybe one of those southsinks from sidewinder or something.

I have a question for you guys and I`m sorry for interrupting the discussion:

Aren`t 4 waterblocks too many for the pump of the koolance exos?
I`m thinking about buying the kit as well although I`m wondering about the power the pump has.

This isnt the exos I dont think but i can guarentee you those two tiny pumps will be choking with 4 blocks but it really doesnt matter since these systems dont really rely on high flow rates. The exos would choke I believe unless it has a bigger pump, theres alot more tubing going through the back of the case.

Thanks a lot madcow! I understand what you mean..didn`t think about the tubing behind the pc.

Well, Koolance claims you can have up to 6 blocks before it becomes a problem. As madcow said, this system doesn't rely on high flowrates to function. I'm really not sure I want to mess with said hard drive block though. Guess I'll just have to play it by ear as it were when I put it together later.

Depends on the mode. On mode 1, the system is almost inaudible. Well, aside from the two case fans I added. Need to find something quieter to go there. Anybody know any good quiet UV reactive and/or LED fans?

In mode 1, running the SiSoft burning test, temps were about 46C and Sandra calculated it at .15C/W. Not sure how reliable that is. CPU is a 2100+ running currently at 2280 and 1.93 volts. Sisoft says it's around 90 watts power consumption at full load. I've got the CPU, NB, and GPU in the loop. I elected not to use the HD cooler. For one, I hope to upgrade it before too much longer. For another, I've already got 3 blocks and didn't want the pressure drop from yet another cooler. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I`ll use only the NB and CPU, while I'll throw a VGA Silencer on the Video Card!

I`m already at 420/330 on my 9800NP with stock cooling and I`m very happy with it!

:)

Back