• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little red light on big red board!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Molester said:
umm, is the red light good, or bad?

what's wrong if red?

Ummm....can you be more specific? Where on the board? Does the board work? It is probably just the power indicator LED.

Matt

sorry, lol

Abit NF7-S 2.0, the light is down by the case hook-ups(bottom-right), when i power on, a greed light lights up right next to the red one, the red one is always on(even when computer is turned off)

Molester said:
sorry, lol

Abit NF7-S 2.0, the light is down by the case hook-ups(bottom-right), when i power on, a greed light lights up right next to the red one, the red one is always on(even when computer is turned off)

Just an indicator that there is power coming into the motherboard from the power supply. There is still power coming in even when the computer is off, the power supply is still on. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy that board, its great! Happy OC'ing!

Matt

Yep, what he said. This question has been addressed many times. A quick little search would have turned up your answer.

{PMS}fishy said:
Yep, what he said. This question has been addressed many times. A quick little search would have turned up your answer.

Good suggestion. The search button is definetly feeling neglected right now....you made him sad, Molester!
:(

Happy OC'ing,
Matt

lol, anyways, loving this 13.5 multi, 200X13.5

i'll update my profile after this post, got some questions

are there any "Need to Knows" that aren't covered in the FAQ

for instance, is there a sweet spot for ram timings on this board
i'm using 2x256 Corsair XMS PC3500 cas 2

i seem to be able to crank the clock up, i've done little testing w/ fsb, i've tried 220 w/ 7-3-3-2 at 6/6(i'm assuming that's 1:1, or 100%), chipset @ 1.7v, memory @ 2.9v and it wouldn't post

what's the "CPU Interface", options are "Enable" or "Disable", what should i use? what does it do?

TIA

Molester said:
lol, anyways, loving this 13.5 multi, 200X13.5

i'll update my profile after this post, got some questions

are there any "Need to Knows" that aren't covered in the FAQ

for instance, is there a sweet spot for ram timings on this board
i'm using 2x256 Corsair XMS PC3500 cas 2

i seem to be able to crank the clock up, i've done little testing w/ fsb, i've tried 220 w/ 7-3-3-2 at 6/6(i'm assuming that's 1:1, or 100%), chipset @ 1.7v, memory @ 2.9v and it wouldn't post

what's the "CPU Interface", options are "Enable" or "Disable", what should i use? what does it do?

TIA

As for sweet spots about the ram timings and such, ask around and/or search. Many members use that board, so it should be pretty easy to find some good info. Also, check out amdmb.com forums, they have some good mobo info as well. Good luck in your overclocking mission, sounds like you got a great system there. Have fun with it.

Matt

ok, here's where i'm at

221x12=2652
1.970v vcore
2.9v memory
1.7v chipset
11-3-3-2.5 memory timings
Prime95 stable, torture test on blend, priority 10
new high score of 3dmark03 of 7231

Who's happy?

<---THIS GUY!!!

side not, this board is funny, the vcore settings, for instance, go from 1.95v to 2.0v, to compensate, the board undervolts to 1.97v, then they have a 2.03v(which does 2.0v), and 2.06v(which does ~2.05v), then back to normal, lol

also, couldn't stand that red light on the mobo that's always on(even when off, guess it's the "Mobo has power" light, so i stuck a piece of black electrical tape over it, lol

Back