• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a couple of 5900SE questions that need answering please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoubleJ8

1. When I do the auto detect settings on the clock tab, will these numbers change should my cooling system get better?

2. What other factors are involved in this equation?

3. I have the auto detect setting of 464/830. Riva Tuner and Powerstrip both confirm this. When I run 3dMarks03, it tells me online that my clock settings are 377/828. What's the deal?

4. How do I get my OC settings to stay? It seems like every time I turn off my computer and then restart it, the memory settings go back to 700.

Thanks so much again guys.

Last edited:
DoubleJ8

I use Riva Tuner as well, best app for the geforce you ask me.

If you want to kepp your OC settings, you have to check the box "start this speed at windows start". I don't go by the auto detect feature anymore, lying son of a b!

It says I can run my 5600Ultra at 535/986, what a joke!

I just use Riva Tuner for OC!

Here is a pic of how it should look, notice the check mark?

Rename zip to jpg

This is just the app., go to the next post for pic.

Attachments

• riva.zip
    riva.zip
    55 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
thanks.

Any idea on the other ones? Especially #3? Why does 3dMarks03 say something different than my settings?

DoubleJ8 said:
thanks.

Any idea on the other ones? Especially #3? Why does 3dMarks03 say something different than my settings?

Did you look at the 2 jpg I posted? It is what I should have posted on the first link. 3DMARK03 could be giving actual speed, I will see what it says on mine.

DoubleJ8 said:
I couldn't get it to open. What is your 3dmarks03 telling you?

my man, you have to change the .zip to .jpg

I will run the test right now, and place it on the thread.

Well, mine read 59/134 for gpu.:D

I never really noticed that, but it differs on most of mine.

There should be a help file to explain that, read it and tell me. I'm not really concerned about what that says, as long as Riva and the nvidia console is accurate. Now if it will get me higher scores, then I might look into it. I notice this is not on 3dmark01, which I run most of the time.

Last edited:
I made another thread but nobody is responding to it. The scores that 3Dmarks03 is posting are the 2D settings, not the 3D. I have the free version but I don't think this has anything to do with it. I wonder why it's doing this and if I can get it to change.

Back