• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The AMD 2500 Stock fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Torqumada

I was wondering how effective the AMD 2500 Stock fan was for over-clocking? I do plan on getting a better heat sink and fan combination later (as in a week or 2), but want to get my system up and running. If the fan won't allow the CPU to run the 400 FSB without cooking the PC, I can last that week or 2. Thank you in advance for your help.

install Motherboard Monitor to track your temps then give it a try at 3200 speeds (200 x 11) - it should be ok but I'd be carefull not to have idle temps above 45-47C- If you do just run it as a 2500 till you get your new heatsink/fan combo (I recommend a Thermalright)

I think the MB already has some sort of monitoring software. I'll have to check the package that game with it. I'll be putting the system together all this week. Thank you for that info.

Torqumada

The stock heatsink and fan that came with my 2500+ did a decent job with the cpu at idle but at full load on stock settings the combination increased by 10C into the mid 30's (My case has very good airflow and temps below 20C). While I think the stock heatsink can take 400 fsb, I'd suggest you get a better heatsink and fan if you can't keep your load temps below 50C. Right now, I'm running a SP-97 with a M model 92mm Panaflo and full load only increases my diode temps by 3C (at stock speeds).

Also, many people prefer to use MBM over the temperature monitoring programs that come with their mobo.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Back