• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new pc company

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mretgis

hi. i am starting up a new company for high end custom pc's. i'd like to know what you would like to see from a new company what selling points would make you go with a new guy instead of an established company. our product line will be gamer/oc'r driven featuring Abit and Ati with either geil or corsair ive not decided. the different models will be primarily the same, the difference being the processor and ram used. all systems will ship with either an asus 9800xt or an ati 9800xt. all systems will be driven by bartons (select processors will be sold w/ systems at slightly higher prices but will include the stepping in its description, also all processor minus 3k's and 32's will be unlocked or they wont ship out. have a surplus of unlocked 17's-26's although i have no 28's currently(not offering them w/out a system.) cases are being custom designed they will be much longer, much wider but only slightly taller than, say, a wave master. its basically designed for cable routing, extended thermal solutions, and better airflow. heatsinks will be lapped. will ship with raptor raids, although i dont know what OS i will choose for them. i may only put a tiny linux distro on it stock and leave the OS choice to the user which will lower my price, but probably raise the total cost for the user or i'd like to use my choice os: win2ksp2 but likely the standard xp pro. they will ship without monitors but will include keyboard and mouse.

the customer base i would like to hit are advanced gamers and overclockers and tweakers. no technical support will be offered from us, but will be redirected with your full warranty from the part manufacturer. it will be distributed locally from a small shop and worldwide via ebay and a homepage. systems on ebay will ship next day with paypal.

anything that you would like to see in a system can likely be done. this will be a small company and i will be participating on forums to increase awareness (not to be read spam, which we will never attempt)

Back