• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is what I'm looking at getting...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiaO8

Registered
Ok, I am a Canadian so I'm buying most of my parts from Vibe as they seem to be one of the best.

My plans are to go with a:

AMD Athlon XP Barton 2800+(2.08ghz)(already bought)
Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0
ATI Radeon 9800pro
Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1(already bought)

Now if anyone has any suggestions as to what ram i should get, because I would like to overclock this machine, except i'm not sure what the highest ram speed this mobo can support. Maybe someone with a similiar set-up...

Any suggestions would be appricated....Thx in adavnce!

That board will run up to ddr400 some mushkin or corsair would do you good how much ram where you planing on getting

if your motherboard can accept it i would personally get 1gb of mushkin corsair twinmos kingmax etc (a good brand) and get two sticks of 512mb and have them running in dual channel mode. ive heard alot of people getting mushkin level 2 ram (for low ram timimgs i think) but im not too hot on ram so you will have to ask sum1 else about the level 2 stuff but it all depends on your budget coz i think mushkin level 2 ram is alot of money

Thanx for the reponses,

After i purchase the motherboard/video card I'm going to have to chill and mayb pull my stick of 512(2700) from my old rig and live without OC it any until I can afford good ram.

I'm looking at corsair or kingston and yes, I would be planning a dual channel setup with two stick of 512. It'll be sweet when I get it all up and running. Prolly around the middle of March(cept for the ram) have to wait for that....as the motherboard and video card are going to cost me 149/387 Canadian.

If anyone else has suggestions about what "type" of ram should get plz post...Thx:D

Back