• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Verify my speed please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystikal~Method

Registered
I have a p.4 2.8c hyper threading set at 800 FSB 9500 pro 512 mb pc3200 with an FIC mobo. Well my hard drive sucks I need to upgrade it its a 40 gig maxtor ata100. Anyway I run this through 3dmark2001 and i end up getting 12000. Is this right?

Well I am going to up the ram on it by adding another stick of 512mb and run it under Dual Channel mode. If I get 12,000 on the benchmarks now, what is the performance increase going to be? I heard you get up to a 70% increase but I dont know. Also I have been looking at Raptors and have heard from two people that they arent worth it just to have a ultra DMA hd would be 10 ms slower so who even cares.

Also as one last thing, what is the easiest way to overclock a 9500 pro- Saphire? I am confused with the boot with the floppy and flash it and reinstall the bios. Is this the only way?

Thanks alot everyone
Mike

I use powerstrip for overclocking graphic card ( I have geforce but you probably can o/c radeon ). Overclock your CPU and GPU to get better result.

you wont increase you score by adding fastr components like more ram or new hard drives (at least not by much at all). you should overclock your videocard/ processor/ ram. that should greatly increase your score.

and there is no way that you will get a 70% increase in 2k1 over your 12k score. i think the top 9500pro is somewhere around 18.5k-19k

You should be able to reach 14K. It depends how well your hardware will overclock. Good luck with it.

Back