• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MEMTest Tests?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coin

How crucial is MemTest test5, my friend has reently rebuilt his machine with a Lanboy board and is having problems with the RAM. First tried with GEIL 3500 Golden Dragon Dual Channel RAM now on Corsair Dual Channel TwinX Platinum 3700. Slight overclocks are giving large volumes of errors in MemTest test5, raising the RAM voltage to 3.2 reduces the errors but they don't go away. Is this test crucial or can the results be ignored. The RAM has been through several RMAs as has the board but that's a different story. Even slack timings on the RAM give errors. The processor is overclocked but not the RAM.
Am I also correct in remembering that MemTest doesn't like Dual Channel setups?

I wonder y u had problems with geil, this is the 7th time i got geil and i never had problems with it.. all u have to do is raise the vdimm and wahlah! it works in amazing ways... check sig below :)

first and formost is .... are you getting errors when running stock? Try that first and if you still get errors up the voltage some until you dont get errors or your upping the voltage to much ... try running each stick individually with out dual channel and try relaxing the timings if none of this works then rma it... and make sure to check both sticks seperately it might just be 1 stick
Eddie

I got a question about the test too. Test #5 when running by itself is fine.

But when I run the whole test I get over 50k in errors. However Im thinkin my PC4000 sux. I just want some re-assurance

....not sure what kind of system you are trying those on but most AMD systems are hit or miss with Geil, so is Intel but not as bad. AMD systems also hate 3700 ram or higher but of the loose timings. Very few brands work on them.........

Back