• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

menace

Registered
I am having a major problem with my wireless internet. It kepts disconnecting and reconnecting. Timing out I guess what you would call it. I use ydi equipment with the latest drivers for it. www.ydi.com the reciever I have is a 2.4ghz. I use a d-link router but the problem is with router on or disconnected. Thanks for the help if you guys got any info.

Is the internet disconnecting or the wireless network? It could just be a ISP problem, if its the actual wireless network it could be something interfeering with the network such as something working at a similar frequency. Yuu could try running a traceroute if it gets past the routers IP then chances are its an ISP problem, if it does not then its probably a wireless problem.

Oh yeah, has this problem just started or has it been a problem since setup?

sounds like you are getting interference from another 2.4ghz source like a wireless phone in your house or maybe a neighbors, try going into the wireless networking properties and changing the channel

ya know my router use to keep doing that it was a US Robotics USR8054 so I exchanged it and got a Netgear WGT64 and couldnt have been happier, I also use a USB Netgear 54mbps adapter and I mean this thing never disconnects I love it.

P.S. never buy a Blitzz product.

I have wireless internet my router is cat5 but like i said earlier it does it with or without the router. One person said something about changing the channel. Is that in my annetanna or in my computer. Let me explain what it is exactly doing. Like when playing cs I will freeze ingame you can pull the power plug to the annetenna and it will jump back on. When it is working I get no packet losses, then about 2 minutes later it will timeout until I unplug the power and power it back up.
www.emaxcess.com/services.html the first one is my exact system

I am connecting at 5.0megs down about 2 to 5 megs up

Back