• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Posessed computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugbyroy

I'm just sitting here browsing the forums and all of a sudden I notice that in the quick reply there is typing going on, yet my hands aren't on the keyboard. So far it has just be I oh oh and a lot of periods. I haven't slept in a while, but my eyes aren't deceiving me... this is downright freaky.

That damn damn guy is evil. Bob saget!! *shakes fist* It's still doin the weird typing. Did it when I googled something just now.

It sounds like a virus. The last time I had something like this, I had accidentely installed one of those programs...netbus I think it was or something like that. It allows another user to hijack your computer.

I ran NAV and got no viruses or anything whatsoever. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. I. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. O. oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh this is what happens if I just let it sit. oh

I ran ad aware and it cleared out all my cookies, but that's it. I'm using internet explorer forget which version

Bulwark said:
It sounds like a virus. The last time I had something like this, I had accidentely installed one of those programs...netbus I think it was or something like that. It allows another user to hijack your computer.

Ahh NetBus..those were the days :cool:

1 4|\/| 4 1337 |-|4X0R 4|| j00r f1|35 b3|0|\|g 2 |\/|3. lol j/k but it does sound like some sort of new virus maybe or just a hardware problem maybe your keyboard is going screwy.

Well I only have one keyboard, but I don't think that's the problem. Everything is just sort of slow with internet explorer now, like if I try to go to new pages or if I click on another page tab etc..

An alternative, get a firewall. Zone Alarm is linked below.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp?lid=zadb_zadown

This firewall is a firewall that prevents inbound connections that are hostile, and prevents unwanted outbound connections. When you first install it, it will ask you (plenty of times) that this program wants to access the internet, do you want to allow it access?

You will get a quick idea, at that moment, what is wanting internet access. If you do have an unknown trojan horse, it will want internet access. Thus, when Zone Alarm asks you if you want to grant that program access to the internet, you know what it is called and you can deny it access.

Also, another question, do you have this problem when you are not on the internet?

I don't have this problem except for when I'm googling and on forum type pages such as this one. I dl'd the zone alarm and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary so I'm at a loss.

lol i bet its a 12 yr old who stayed home from school,well im 15 but i dont hack(faked sick to build my folding maching)

Back