• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help - laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jess1313

I know this may not be worth asking but I will try. I have a Toshiba 2100 CDT Satellite that runs a K6 2+ CPU. I can change the multipier from desktop. I can only get 5.0 because it doesnt have anough CVOLTS for the CPU. This CPU will run 680 MHZ in a desktop that I have with just aircooled. I would love to find out how to mod the vcore on this laptop. Hey if you know away to kick the FSB this would be great also,Or anyother possible stuff to get this thing going any better. I am stuck running this laptop so It would be nice to get more out of it. I can buy a chip that is 1.6 vcore instead of the 2.0 vcore but I have to much money in it all ready. Thx for any help you can offer.

Since you really cant control the heat in a laptop I don't think I would be OCing it.

I have the heat under controll. Thx anyway I will keep searching. Toshiba controlls Vcore & multiplier for Power Now to concerve battery power. There must be away to do this threw software or a Vcore mod. I have added extra H/F out of anoughter laptop & have it running much cooler even @ 100mgz over. It has the ability to go 100mhz more ,would run nicly if I could get it there. I dont want to buy a newer laptop for what Im using it for. I just need it to be alittle faster for one of my programs. Thank You & if you come up with any info it would be great.

You can use GCPUID on the laptop to control your vcore/multiplier. also if you set your laptop in power management to "Always On" the settings set in GCPUID will not be changed at all till u reboot and have to set them again (although u can put a shortcut to GCPUID in startup menu to autoset speed/vcore on boot)

Thank you very much.I already have the power managment ajusted this way & use K6 speeder to ujust mult. I will try the program you listed if it will change the Vcore it will solve my problem. Again Thank You for your reply

Thank you for the program but it didnt work on the K6 III+ CPU. Maybe some one else has a way. If some one new how to mod the board this would help.

Back