• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Temp sensor problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

Well I have a Nf7-S and am running MBM 5 watch my temps. Here is the problem.

If I turn the computer on after being off for a extended period of time and go into windows and run F@H I get CPU temps of 40c under load. However if I reset the computer and go back into windows it shows the idle temps to be 40c and then when I run F@H they go up to 47. If more reboots are followed the temps have gotten to 57c before :eek: . Now I know that the temps are not that high but what is causing the sensor to read them as this hot?

I can let my computer run for 3 days straight and get 40c under load but if I reset the temps start to rise. Does this happen to anyone else here?

I haven't specifically checked after restarts, but I think the temp probe is off on my board...I've got my WC setup running nicely and it's telling me I've got load temps of 41°C when they should be around 28-30°C based on calculations of C/W ratio of my components. I've reseated my block a few times and each time the same temps and it has all the signs of being properly seated. In conclusion, I find the temp probe to be a big piece of crap...

craneage2001 said:
I haven't specifically checked after restarts, but I think the temp probe is off on my board...I've got my WC setup running nicely and it's telling me I've got load temps of 41°C when they should be around 28-30°C based on calculations of C/W ratio of my components. I've reseated my block a few times and each time the same temps and it has all the signs of being properly seated. In conclusion, I find the temp probe to be a big piece of crap...

I bet your temps would be closer to 30c if you left your comp off for 18 or so hours so that the air inside the socket could reach room temp. I wonder why it does this. Maybe someone will have an answer.

Well, I had my window cracked for some fresh air for about a half hour (35__°F out right now). It was only open about 6 inches but the room cooled off a bit (felt pretty good actually). Anyway, my temp probe usually reads 36°C at idle. In 15min after opening the window, it read 25°C (idle temp, just web surfing, etc). I'm guessing my die temps are where they should be and heat is just building up in the socket since I'm watercooled. My water was still around room temp, 70°F or so...

Back