• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do these temps sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moosedick

Here is my system............
PIII cB0 700mhz
Asus CUSL2-C Mobo
Alpha PAL6035 w/ 26cfm YS Tech Fan
Enlight 7237 Case with intake and exhaust fans
Arctic Silver on cpu along with copper spacer

When o/c to 980mhz at 1.95v, the idle temps are in the high 30's C and under load can almost get to or even reach 50C sometimes. When I change to lower speeds and voltages, the temps don't really go down a lot. How can I get the temps down(air cooling only) and do these temps seem normal?
Thanks

First of all those temps are not too good. Part of the reason is the 26CFM fan. Upgrade that to a 80mm delta.

Probablly the biggest problem is the spacer. I can almost gaurantee you that if you take out the spacer, reapply thermal paste, and reseat the heatsink, you temps will be lower. I usually change something when my temps get around 40-41.

Ive just bought a 150mm fan and im going to install it tonight , I have the same mobo but with a PIII800eb @ 1002 ....sometimes...lol when the temps drop enough to make it stable , but now hopefully I will be able to run it at 1002 all the time.

im hoping for some good things.

I will post my results tonight.

how the hell can an 80mm fan fit on an alpha heatsink? i already have 2 80mm case fans

hehe i made it fit.....I only said 80mm, becuase they are quiteir, but get something better, try getting rid of the shim.

Yes, I am crazy, so i really don't care what my stuff looks like. I have it on with tight raps, and it cools real nice. I also have it plugged into a power supply, and the fan is overclocked to 22V. Might be louder, but man does it push air. I am not using an alpha, I am using a Amd Thunderbird/Duron heatsink

moosedick (Jun 11, 2001 07:45 p.m.):
Here is my system............
PIII cB0 700mhz
Asus CUSL2-C Mobo
Alpha PAL6035 w/ 26cfm YS Tech Fan
Enlight 7237 Case with intake and exhaust fans
Arctic Silver on cpu along with copper spacer

When o/c to 980mhz at 1.95v, the idle temps are in the high 30's C and under load can almost get to or even reach 50C sometimes. When I change to lower speeds and voltages, the temps don't really go down a lot. How can I get the temps down(air cooling only) and do these temps seem normal?
Thanks

I have almost the same system, except different board... when I OC to 875 and with all 4 case fans on, I get temps that usually don't exceed 42 C, when ambient is 25-27... case never gets above 30C. I'm a bit concerned about my temps too... I think my answer is in reseating my HS and reapplying AS. I applied it with my finger the first time and I think that is affecting temps negatively. It might help you too. just a thought.

I got those same temps with the same P3 700, stock intel hsf, and a single intake case fan. It's the chip, they tend to run a bit hotter than most.

I would watch the load temp, though; 50C is about max, anything over pushes into dangerous territory.

Back