• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking xp3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mm91187

The default FSB I had was 200MHZ and it ran at 2.11GHZ. I Then changed it to 210FSB and it ran at 2.25GHZ. THen I upped it to 230MHZ, it wouldnt boot, so I did the jumper thing and got that fixed and set it back at 200FSB. Is the max I can OC this 210FSB? How can I maket his higher? I was hoping to get my CPU to 2.8GHZ, how do I get to this?
also I have the extreme volcano 12 HSF that just came last week if thats any help on my cooling.

Well,

you will not get this chip to 2.8 ghz, period. The highest you would be able to oc is about 2.4 ghz. on air cooling. (if you are lucky and have a chip that oc's well on stock voltage)

The thing is, Bartons max out at this frrquency, whether it is a 2500+ or a 2800 plus does not really matter much. You should have gotten yourself a 2500+, oc's just as well. Maybe better because of the "sweetspot"multiplier...:(

What kind of memory do you have? Your memory might not be stable at high FBS. Your going to need watercooling to get close to your 2.8. What motherboard do you have? I'm able to get a 222 FBS

Back