• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venus: The Forgotten Planet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Ulli

just found this at Slashdot and wont to share this Information

As the world looks at Mars, an American scientist has produced the best images ever obtained from the surface of a rather different planet - Venus.

_39727075_mitch_203.jpg

Story at Shlashdot

Computer researcher Don Mitchell used original digital data from two Soviet Venera probes that landed in 1975.

His reprocessed and recalibrated images provide a much clearer view of the Venusian surface which is hotter even than the inside of a household oven.

Story at BBC-News

Panorama from Verena 13

Panorama from Verena 14

an original Image

_39727071_sov_203.jpg

By the way, did you know that Venus was more often targeted by space probes than Mars, including a number of ten (!) successful landers?

also a very interesting Page

The Soviet Exploration of Venus

Image of Venus

look at the fantastic Picture from Ishtar Terra, that amazing :cool: , no word find for this

Sir Ulli

Cool info! I remember the Russians sent a probe that took basically one picture from one I recalled, but I didn't realize their had been that many missions. Venus sounds like it's full of prescotts ;)

Back