• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What extra cooling are you putting on your motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Passive MOFSET cooling
AS5 on the NB
Im bout to sink my SB

highest FSB 500mgz (not stable)

My sound is on the fritz fo some reason. SB sink is gonna get added tommorow!

SB heatsink from vantec iceberg set
Vantec copper iceberg on NB w/ AS5
Heatsinks made from vantec iceberg heatsink on mosfets w/ stock AMD fan blowing over them

a bit cluttered, but you can almost see everything. NB, mofset, and SB passively cooled:

mycase2.JPG

NB: Zalman ZM-NB47J
SB: Old VidCard heatsink that is the exact same size and the SB chip.
And then I have a ZALMAN FB123 blowing over the NB and mofsets.

I've got everything passively cooled. System temp maxes at 22C load.

MOSFETs: Microcool Chipsinks w/ AS Adhesive - keeps my voltages stable at 1.94v

Northbridge: Microcool North Pole, the 40mm fan on top interfered with my SP-97 so I removed it, but it cools excellently with AS adhesive and the overdraft from my tornado :)

Southbridge: Took the stick NB cooler and just used AS Adhesive to mount it on the south bridge, then spliced the fan leads to work on the onboard fan header near the SB.

I actually think im going to buy a Dtek NB block because im pushing 1.8V+ into it and i think it would help with stability.

Active cooling on the mosfets (Heatsinks with a fan over them).
Passive cooling on the SB.
Slightly better than stock cooler on the NB - soon to be replaced with a DTek NB block.

Strages said:

Southbridge: Took the stick NB cooler and just used AS Adhesive to mount it on the south bridge, then spliced the fan leads to work on the onboard fan header near the SB.

I don't see a fan header near the SB. Only one by the CPU and another left of the NB. This is on a NF7-S.

guys are the plls are that really inhibit high fsbs or do the mosfet really need heatsinks too? which one is more important? I only ordered plls.

Back