• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a suggestion regarding heatsink + mobo combination

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vsalvis

Hi all,

My motherboard cpu temp is constantly at 80 c. I have an antec coppermine (I believe) installed on my motherboard currently. I also have a volcano 9 that i initially bought with my computer. I have had this heatsink on my amd 2400 for the past year or so. Any suggestion on whether i should switchout the heatsinks out or whether i should buy a new heatsink all together? If a new heatsink, what could you suggest that is quiet and good?

Thanks,
Vsalvis

Is that at stock? Its hard to believe you would be getting temps like that unless there was a problem or the vCore was through the roof.

Is it wrong that as I was sleeping last night, the computer decided to power on by itself? Also, I turned it off and it did it again.. Going to change my heatsink and see what is happening under there. Will let everyone know what temps i am getting.

Umm, the maximum die temp of an amd processor is 85c, if it goes over that it will either shut down or fry. Make sure you use thermal paste too. Most of us here like our processors under 40c, but I would say 55c is a safe limit.

Back