• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P683/P684 frame times....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoadWarrior

Hi guys,

Now P683s and 4s are nummy 60pt morsels on an XP or HT rig, but they seem a mite slow on my poor spitfire Duron at 1Ghz, I'm getting 1 hour frame times with the 3Dnow boost enabled. I was expecting in the region of half an hour to 40mins. I thought I'd be okay putting this thing on gromacs now the 3DNow boost is working for Durons, but at this rate I think it will be back to tinkers soon.

Anyway, would be good to have some numbers to compare, from any CPUs around the same Ghz and any athlon class running 3DNow. So please post some frame times if you are able, thanks.

Road Warrior

That's just a slow WU, trust me, keep it on Gromacs, they are similar in frame times on the older processors but gromacs have a 1/4 of the frames. My 3.3 Ghz P4 is going at 8:24 per frame on the same WU. It took the rig from averaging 900 PPW without HT to 724 PPW with this WU and no HT or second WU going.

Doing a 683 now.

Using GROMACS with forceSSE and the modded core :) - console client. There have been no crashes with this for me, so you might want to give it a go....

Do durons support SSE? If not, then this is just a comparison w/gromacs and SSE.

Rig = in the sig

It doesn't display frames though, just x out of 2.5 million steps :confused: - how do I get frames?

every 25,000 steps or 1% = 12 minutes

all my rigs are crunching a 683/684 at the moment. my ht 3.2ghz is getting about 14.5 to 15.5 minute frame times per instance. while my 2.4b is getting frame times of 9 minutes. does that sound about right?

Back